BURNS HARBOR – This year’s Footloose 5K on Saturday, June 24 at Lakeland Park in Burns Harbor boasts healthy outdoor activities, food, entertainment and other 1980s-themed fun for the whole family.
Hosted by the Burns Harbor Park Department as an annual fundraiser, the fourth annual Footloose 5K and Event features:
– 3:30 p.m. – race day sign-up and packet pickup begins along with DJ and family-friendly activities
– 5 p.m. – food and refreshments from Twisted Citrus Grille, Wagner’s, Kona Ice, Leroy’s Hot stuff and the Burns Harbor Fire Department open
– 5:15 p.m. – 1K kids fun run (ages 3 to 11) kicks-off, sponsored by Bounce ‘N’ Around with bounce houses
– 6 p.m. – Footloose 5K run/walk (ages 8 and up) starts throughout beautiful Lakeland Park and around Harbor Lake
– 7 p.m. – The Lava Rock band perform live
Race medals and awards, bounce houses, door prizes, and MORE
Adult party tent opens, sponsored by local Running Vines Winery and Leroy’s Hot Stuff (wine, craft beer, spirits, ciders
– Dusk – fireworks commence, sponsored by Phantom Fireworks
“Footloose 5K has a family-friendly party atmosphere for all. So come visit and rock out to your fav 80s tunes and dress up in your most awesome 80s-inspired outfit.”
Park admission is free. Cost to participate in the 5K without shirt is $30 and $35 with shirt; Shirts are only available until June 10th. Kids run without shirt is free and $10 with shirt. Shirts are only available until June 10th.
Lakeland Park is located at 1200 Lakeland Park Drive in Burns Harbor. Footloose 5K and Event will be held rain or shine.
Families, running enthusiasts and all interested are welcome to attend and encouraged to sign up early to beat the event-day rush at: https://runsignup.com/Race/IN/BurnsHarbor/FootLoose5KandKidsFunRun.