SOUTH BEND CAREER CENTER AUGUST EVENTS
English as a Second Language Social Group
• Wednesday, August 16th / 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Wednesday, August 30th / 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
The English as a Second Language / ESL Social Group is for people learning or improving their English. It includes gatherings where you can visit and enjoy conversation in a relaxed atmosphere. Topics range from greetings to navigating the South Bend Community.
Introduction to the Internet
• Thursday, August 17th / 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
This is a beginner’s class for new users to learn how to use and navigate the internet, focusing basic computer skills.
• Monday, August 14th / 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
• Monday, August 21st / 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
• Monday, August 28th / 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Interested in learning a new language? The Career Center utilizes Duolingo, an easy and fun online language learning website that helps break down language barriers for all.
• Tuesday, August 22nd / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
The Interview Workshop is for those who want helpful tips and tricks for a successful interview. Topics include dress code and how to answer questions about past employment. We will also discuss the next steps to take after an interview.
Felon Friendly Job Searching
• Thursday, August 31st / 10:00 am to 11: 00 am
Learn how to navigate job searching with a criminal background. This workshop will feature Q&A with an Employment Specialist focused on working with those who have felonies. You’ll also receive information on where to look for realistic employment opportunities.
1st Source Bank Guest Speaker
• Tuesday, August 15th / 10:00 am to 11:30 am
• Tuesday, August 29th / 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Luis Zapata from 1st Source Bank will join us to help you learn how to manage your finances. He’ll explain how to open an account and create a monthly budget plan.
All Career Center Events are free and open to the public.
Community Career Center
* Adjacent to Goodwill Retail Store
1805 Western Avenue
South Bend, IN 46619
For More Information
Omeria Sibanda / Public Relations Specialist
Phone – (574) 472-7319 x3
Email – OSibanda@Goodwill-NI.org
Gabrielle Sharp / South Bend Community Career Center
Phone – (574) 472-7300
Email – Gsharp@Goodwill-NI.org
Latest posts by Janice Dixon-Fitzwater (see all)
- Downtown South Bend Gingerbread Village Competition - November 24, 2017
- Centier Bank Continues Expansion - November 22, 2017
- Crown Point Community Foundation Awards Gifts - November 21, 2017