Franciscan Health recently launched Franciscan On Demand in Western Indiana and all over the state. Franciscan On Demand is a “virtual visit” program with physicians.
Franciscan On Demand Includes
• Fast treatment: Patients make a virtual appointment with a Franciscan ExpressCare physician between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., 365 days a year. The service is particularly convenient for busy parents, working professionals and home-bound individuals. You can use your smartphone, tablet or desktop/laptop computer.
• Expert care: Patients connect with a board certified physician, without spending time in the waiting room. If prescriptions are appropriate, Franciscan On Demand physicians send them electronically to the patient’s local pharmacy.
• Low cost: $49 per virtual visit. Patients should call their insurance provider to see if they cover the cost if the visit. If the physician determines that you need to see a doctor in person, you will not be charged for the virtual visit.
• Face-to-face communication: Patients interact with a Franciscan On Demand physician during a video visit, which allows the doctor to see a patient’s medical issues in real time.
• Adult, elderly, pediatric care: Franciscan On Demand physicians are able to treat anyone age 12 and older.
• Continuity of care: Franciscan On Demand is seamlessly integrated with Epic, Franciscan Health’s medical records system, ensuring patient records are securely sent to Franciscan MyChart in real-time.
Commonly Treated Virtual Visit Conditions
• Minor Rashes
• Pink Eye
• Ear Pain
To access Franciscan On Demand go to FranciscanOnDemand.org. Patients will need to download the app and set up an account to log in and access the Franciscan On Demand features.
This service is available in Spanish as well.
Latest posts by Janice Dixon-Fitzwater (see all)
- Dine and Donate to LCA - April 19, 2017
- Purdue University Northwest Day of Giving - April 17, 2017
- First Ocean Vessel of 2017 Arrives at Port of Indiana - April 14, 2017