GARY — The Indiana Ready Mixed Concrete Association (IRMCA) recently presented Ozinga with Outstanding Concrete Design Awards for their work on both residential and commercial properties in Northwest Indiana. These awards recognize extensive application and imaginative use of concrete and honor the accomplishments of project owners, architects, engineers, contractors, owners and ready mixed concrete producers.
Northwest Indiana awards include:
• Multi-Family – Decorative Award: Ozinga earned this award for their work on The Lofts on Indiana Avenue, a new townhome development in Crown Point. Ozinga worked with designer DVG, contractors Walsh & Kelly, and the City of Crown Point to supply pervious and decorative concrete for the sidewalks and bike path surrounding the new construction.
• Commercial Site Pavement Award – for work on Crew Car Wash in Merrillville, Crown Point and Lowell (contractors C&S and Gariup Construction).
• Decorative Polished Award – Ozinga and the Hamstra Group were recognized for the polished concrete floors used to complement the modern look of First Church in Wheatfield.
• Parking Lot Commercial Award – for work on Family Express in Valparaiso (contractor C&S).
Ozinga also earned three other awards for work across the state.
• Decorative Residential Less than 100 Cubic Yards Award: Ozinga partnered with C&S Concrete Construction to supply the concrete for a decorative deck.
• Decorative Residential Greater than 100 Cubic Yards Award: the partnership with C&S Concrete Construction also netted an award for supplying the concrete the concrete and flowable fill used to make a decorative retaining wall.
• Institutional Award – for work on the large amount of concrete supplied to the Notre Dame Campus Crossroads Project (contractor Barton Malow Company).
Latest posts by Janice Dixon-Fitzwater (see all)
- Dine and Donate to LCA - April 19, 2017
- Purdue University Northwest Day of Giving - April 17, 2017
- First Ocean Vessel of 2017 Arrives at Port of Indiana - April 14, 2017