Job Fair – Wednesday, March 8th / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
A Job Fair will be held at the South Bend Community Career Center on Wednesday, March 8th with 7 employers participating in this exciting event. They include: McDonalds, Speedway, Help at Home, Map of Easton, Teacher’s Credit Union, Well Pet and Martin’s Super Markets. Applicants should dress professionally, bring a resume and be prepared to interview that day.
1st Source Bank Guest Speaker
– Thursday, March 9th / 10:00 am to 11:30 am
– Thursday, March 23rd / 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Luis Zapata from 1st Source Bank will present information covering financial Literacy. He’ll explain how to open an account and provide details about creating a monthly budget plan.
TRIO Guest Speaker – Wednesday, March 15th / 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Jaquie Johnson from TRIO will present information about financial aid and the process to receive higher education for low income and first generation college students.
MHS Guest Speaker – Wednesday, March 1st / 10:00 am to 10:30 am
Joshua Santos from MHS will present information covering various health insurance options for Indiana Residents.
Interview Workshop – Wednesday, March 29th / 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Learn how to ace the interview at this workshop on Wednesday, March 29th with helpful tips and tricks for success!
Job Search Workshop
– Thursday, March 2nd / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– Thursday, March 30th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
This workshop will help you showcase your expertise, look for jobs and build / use your network to help research information that will assist you in finding employment.
– Into the Net – Tuesday, March 7th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– There’s an App for That! – Tuesday, March 14th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– Email Essentials – Tuesday, March 21st / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– There’s an App for That! – Tuesday, March 28th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– Google It! – Thursday, March 9th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– Into the Net – Thursday, March 16th / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
– Google It! – Thursday, March 23rd / 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Into the Net is a beginner’s class for new users to learn how to navigate the internet, focusing on the basics.
E-Mail Essentials is all about opening an email, learning the basic tools and securing your account.
Google it! helps you learn how to use a search engine to get the results you really want! Anything you want to know is available on the web.
There’s an App for that! helps you discover online applications and learn how to use them to make life run a little smoother.
All Career Center Events are free and open to the public.
Community Career Center * Adjacent to Goodwill Retail Store
1805 Western Avenue
South Bend, IN 46619
For More Information
Omeria Sibanda / Public Relations Specialist
Phone – (574) 472-7319 x4
Email – OSibanda@Goodwill-NI.org
Gabrielle Sharp / Western Community Career Center
Phone – (574) 472-7300
Email – Gsharp@Goodwill-NI.org
Latest posts by Janice Dixon-Fitzwater (see all)
- Dine and Donate to LCA - April 19, 2017
- Purdue University Northwest Day of Giving - April 17, 2017
- First Ocean Vessel of 2017 Arrives at Port of Indiana - April 14, 2017